Distortion by Victor Dixen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I recieved an e-ARC of this book via Netgalley in return for an honest review

I really loved Ascension so I couldn't wait to start reading Distortion. I was desperate to know what the Martian pioneers would decide to do!

Distortion opens straight back in the thick of the action that Ascension finished on, which I loved. All too often sequels finish on a really juicy story line and pick up miles in the future when everything has been resolved. In Distortion, we get to experience the pioneers making the decision whether to land on Mars or turn the Cupido around. The suspense was really well built and up until the decision was made I was unsure which they would choose to go with.

I found the story line with Andrew and Harmony a bit of a disruption to the flow of the book. I don't massively care about their characters because they went from being secondary to a main story line in this book and really when I'm reading about them I just want to be back on Mars! However, I feel like they do play an important part in the ongoing plot and I'm interested to see what happens in the next book.

I really loved all of the action on Mars, in particular the storm and the revelation that the robots can talk really peaked my interest and made the book impossible to put down. I'm really enjoying this series and can't wait to continue it and see whether they continue to live on Mars, return to Earth or suffer from the depressurisation of the habitats.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts